- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will not violate the privacy rights of students as established by the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) at 20 U.S.C. 1232g and 34 C.F.R. part 99.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- The information we collect is used to improve the content of our Web site, productions, services, and programs to the public, suppliers, and our clients, and may be used to contact you via e-mail or by regular mail, and to provide you with information that we believe to be of interest to you.
- The information you share through the use of any products or services provided by MICHIGAN ELT is not shared with or sold to other people or organizations for commercial purposes, except when you have permitted us to do so in order to provide products or services you've requested.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
Your information may be accessible to one or more of our vendors who provide services that support our business. We do not sell or transfer the information you send to us to others outside of our company, except that your data may be transferred to an outside vendor during the normal course of system backups or application maintenance and development. Our vendors are prohibited from using or selling your personal data for any purposes other than to support MICHIGAN ELT.
The collected information will be shared with a 3rd party in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service or as otherwise requested by law.
MICHIGAN ELT uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run our Products and services. Although MICHIGAN ELT owns the code, databases, and all rights to the Products we provide, you retain all rights to your data.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive.
MICHIGAN ELT may periodically update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.